Saturday, March 6, 2010

3 teeth...in a week

Last week Emily got 3 more teeth, bringing the total to 5. She has 2 on top and 3 on the bottom. She is thisclose to having another one on top, too. I can tell they are bothering her because she's not wanting to eat much, but she will nurse. At least she hasn't bit me, yet.

I'm having a hard time believing she's only a month away from her first birthday. This year has flown by. We are going to Colorado next week for a family vacation. We hope to take a family vacation every year to someplace new.

Emily is eating all kinds of food, and she prefers to feed herself. She takes a couple naps a day, one around 9am for a couple hours and then a short nap in the afternoon around 3pm. I still do Stroller Strides a couple days a week, which I love because I am in better shape now than I have been in years. And, if the weather is good, Emily and I go walking or riding my bike a couple days a week. Unfortunately, we have a really cold winter, but it looks like it's going to be warming up, so outside we will go. I have a baby pool and the neighborhood pool opens in May. Emily's been taking swim lessons and is getting really good a floating so I won't be so worried when summer comes.

We've also been going to the zoo and Children's Museum, which is a lot of fun. We plan to take her back to Palm Beach at Moody Gardens this summer because she loves the water so much.

Jim built a great raised bed garden and now that it's warming up he's been planting like crazy. We're hoping that we have a lot of home grown vegetables this year. He's also planted blackberries, blueberries, a fig, avocado and lemon tree. Oh, and a nice herb garden. I'm looking forward to cooking with fresh herbs.

Not much else going on. March looks to be a busy month so I'm sure I'll have lots to talk about soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment