Friday, May 6, 2011

I'm waaaaaaay behind!

Seriously, I had NO idea that I hadn't blogged since last summer.  I know I'm busy and all, but wow.

Let's see....where to start?

The biggest change is that we now have another little girl, Anna.  She's the sweetest, cuddliest thing ever.  She was born December 7th and Emily just adores her.  Life with two is hectic, but wonderful.

Emily talks so much that sometimes I have to remind myself that she's 2.  At her 15 month checkup, she was saying a handful of words and it rapidly increased.  By 18 months she was talking up a storm, and ever since Christmas, so can put long sentences together.  Today when I was filling up the gas tank on the minivan, she told me the car was thirsty!  She's also started with pretend play.  At night when Daddy reads to her, she likes to pretend they are having dinner on the ottoman in her room. 

We had family over for her 2 year birthday and it was really nice.  She has so many toys it's unreal. She loves to read.  She's got at least 50 books in her room and she likes to read at night for at least 30 minutes before she goes to bed. She's still a really good sleeper and goes to bed around 8 and sleeps until 6:30 or 7. 

She's such an amazing big sister. She adores Anna, and vice versa. She likes to make sure Anna has her favorite toy and likes to gently pat her head.  It took her awhile to figure out "gently".

She still loves her swim lessons. We go on Saturdays now.  She gets excited when she sees me pulling out her swimsuit.  Jim watches Anna while Emily and I swim.  She also loves to be outside.  She helps Jim with the garden and now loves her sandbox and swing in the backyard.  Now that it's getting warm out, she also loves to play in the sprinkler.  It's so much fun to watch how much she enjoys everything.  She's still a really good eater -- likes chicken and most vegetables and (of course) fruit. Still loves milk and water.  Occassionally I give her fruit snacks and she thinks they are the best thing ever. We've had a lot of birthdays this spring, so she's developed quite the taste for cupcakes!  And Easter Candy!!!  She's definitely got my sweet tooth.

Anna will be 5 months old tomorrow.  She also is a great sleeper. At 10 1/2 weeks she started sleeping all night, and I feel like a new person!  She goes to bed between 6:30 and  7 and sleeps until around 7am.  It's wonderful.  We will start her on solid food when she is 6 months old.  She rolls over all the time and loves to sleep on her belly.  She started grabbing at things last week so now I'm wearing a lot more ponytails!  Ha!  She's just such a sweet baby.  We are really blessed to have 2 amazing little girls.

I've started couponing.   Not extremely, but still.  I try to get things that I have coupons for and watch the sales.  So far it's going well. Although it is disappointing that Kroger changed their double/triple policy. So, I do most of my shopping at HEB and Target.  Love those coupons!  The more I save on groceries, the more money we have to spend on fun stuff! 

Speaking of fun stuff, we are going to take the girls to Florida this summer with some good friends of ours.We can hardly wait.  Emily loves water and the beach there has nice blue water.  Jim is already counting the days! He needs a break!!  It will be really nice to get away for a week.

I'm doing the joggermom marathon.  Nothing crazy, but I have to run a marathon over the course of the month of May.  It's doable because I'm already exercising.  There are some awesome prizes so I'm hoping to score something good!

I'll try to become more regular about blogging.  Perhaps I should set some sort of reminder so I'm not trying to recap a whole year at a time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment