Sunday, June 12, 2011

Updates on the girls

This has been a very busy week for my 2 little ones.  First, we decided to potty train Emily last weekend.  We had no real plan, except that we had some cotton training pants.  She did not go on the potty Saturday (we started Saturday afernoon) or Sunday.  So Jim and I decided Sunday night to just wait a few months and start again around labor day.  Well, little miss Emily woke up Monday morning and decided she didn't want to wear diapers.  So, fast forward 7 days later, and she's potty trained (mostly).  She has not had a pee pee accident since Monday morning.  Poop is another story.  From what I understand, it's the hardest thing for them to get.  We're working on it.  But, Emily is not in diapers.  We put a pull up on her for naps and nighttime and that's it.  She's still in her crib, so she can't go to the potty while she's there.  We may get a big girl bed sooner that we'd plan if she starts waking up to potty.



Anna started solid foods today.  We waited (as we did with Emily) for her to be 6 months old.  I made her oatmeal this morning.  I have already made and frozen bananas and sweet potatoes, so those will be her next 2 foods.  She really liked the oatmeal!  She ate quite a bit more than I expected her to.  She's probably wondering what took us so long!



Everything is great here.  We enjoyed a visit with my brother and his family yesterday.  They are in town briefly (he's having Lasik done in MS so they came for the weekend).

Jim and I decided to extend our back patio.  It should be done in about 6 weeks.  I'll try to remember to post a picture once it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment